Canadian exchange-traded fund, Purpose Bitcoin ETF purchased a whopping 6.9k BTC just yesterday, recording its biggest Bitcoin purchase of over $2 billion in a day by a massive margin as revealed by data from blockchain information provider Glassnode. Prior to this, the largest daily inflow was around 2.9k BTC.
Total AUM for Purpose Bitcoin ETF has grown to CA $1.5 Billion
With this recent purchase, the total assets under management (AUM) for the Purpose Bitcoin ETF has grown to CA$1.5b (US$1.2b) with a total of 41620 BTC under the management of the ETF as at press time. Due to the current slump of the crypto market, however, the YTD daily returns of the ETF is down by 30%.
Per data from cryptocurrency information platform Coinglass, late last month, the ETF purchased a total of 1,132 Bitcoin after selling off some of its assets the previous month amidst the Bitcoin bear market that has plagued the asset throughout this year.
Purpose Investments launched the Purpose BTC ETF in February, 2021 – the first of its kind – to give investors the opportunity to invest in BTC without directly trading the assets or holding it in their portfolio. The ETF amassed up to $1 billion of AUM after the first month as it traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange with ticker BTCC.
Why Bitcoin ETF is the next big thing?
Cryptocurrency ETFs are funds that contain cryptocurrencies. Typically, a Bitcoin ETF gives investors the ability to purchase funds which are directly tied to the price of BTC, giving them the opportunity to hold investments in BTC without directly holding the asset.
After the launch of Purpose Bitcoin ETF, a few other ETFs backed by cryptocurrencies have emerged owing to the growing interest in digital assets and institutional adoption. A few of them include Valkyrie Bitcoin Strategy ETF, VanEck Bitcoin Strategy ETF and suchlike.
The first US Bitcoin ETF is ProShares Bitcoin Strategy ETF (BITO) which commenced trading on 19 October last year as it garnered around $1 billion just a few days after launch.
Just yesterday, two Bitcoin ETFs also launched in Australia, one of which, the Cosmos-Purpose Bitcoin ETF ($CBTC), aims to purchase shares from the Purpose Bitcoin ETF as a way of providing investing opportunities to potential shareholders.
- VanEck and 21Shares Suspend Their Terra ETPs After Recent Collapse
- Major Phishing Attack Targets Users On Crypto Data Sites
- LUNA Update: Terra Founder Proposes Resetting Terra’s Ownership To 1 Billion Tokens
- This US Leader Opposes Fed’s CBDC Plan, Here’s Why
- Breaking: LUNA Back Up, Binance Resumes Deposits And Withdrawals
- FTX CEO Refuses To Sell His Crypto Holdings; But Can He Save Crypto?
- Coinbase Admits Risk To Investor Fund Again, Reiterates Safety
- This LUNA $UST Stablecoin Rival Makes Positive Strides Amid Crash
- Just-In: Canadian Bitcoin ETF Records Largest Single Daily Purchase Of Over $2 Billion
- CZ Reveals Why He Shutdown LUNA And UST Trading On Binance
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Approaches $0.50; Is Bounce Back Feasible?
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Declining trendline Prevents DOT Price Recovery
- FTM Price Analysis: Retest to Channel Support Hints at Bullish Recovery
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA price Jumps 57%; Bulls Target $1.50 Next?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Is $2,500 On The Way Amid RSI Bullish Divergence?
- GALA Price Analysis: $0.075 Fakeout Triggers A Potential Recovery
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Reclaims $30K Amid Extreme Oversold Market Conditions; Time To Buy?
- BNB Price Analysis: BNB Rebounds From $263 Eyes Next Target of $335
- APE Price Analysis: Can Renewed Bullish Rally Surpass $10 Mark?
- Solana Price Prediction: SOL Price Struggles Below $50.0; Is August Low On Horizon?