The week begins in red and there is no stoppage for the sellers till now. Ethereum (ETH) trades at $2,337.04, down 9% on Saturday. The previous day witnessed a single largest one-day percentage fall since June 21.
The downside move is echoed by Ethereum’s market cap, which is being pushed down to $291.21B of the total cryptocurrency market cap. Furthermore, the volume was heightened by 33.0% to $31.08B
Ehterum lost more than 26% in this week
At the current market price, Ethereum has retraced near 50.01% from its ATH of $4,864.06 made on November 10.
Talking to the technical aspect, the Ethereum (ETH) price has broken the important moving average crossover (50/100/200 DMA) on January 7. Again buyers tested the highs on January 12 near $3,420. However, the next day’s red candle erased all the previous gains followed by three “Doji “candlesticks. The price fell like a pack of cards since then.
This Friday’s momentum was a scary one as ETH crashed below the long-term horizontal support line near $2990. The daily relative strength index (RSI) slips below 20 and trades in the oversold zone. While the MACD reads below the midline with bearish crossover.
The technical setup points at the continuation of the downside momentum. A weekly close below the $2,300 level would accelerate the selling toward the $2,000 horizontal support line.
On the flip side, the oversold momentum oscillator suggests some discount buying opportunities. In technical terms, it is termed as ‘dead cat bounce’, where the price could bounce back to $2,800.
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?