Social media giant, Twitter, is looking to hire a senior project manager for crypto. The firm has put out a job placement to recruit a suitably qualified person to join Twitter Crypto, a new team that will explore integrating blockchain. Twitter is also exploring new possibilities for its ongoing integration of crypto.
Twitter is hiring for a new role to help build features “supercharged by crypto.”
A new job posting on the LinkedIn page of Twitter has revealed that the social media platform is looking to hire a senior project manager for crypto. The posting states that the role is to fill a place in the new Twitter Crypto team that has the mandate to explore decentralized technologies including blockchains, cryptocurrencies, and web3.
Our goal is to figure out what crypto means for Twitter, and what Twitter means for crypto: We help teams across Twitter build features that are supercharged by crypto, …we’re bridging web2 and web3! it says about the new team.
The job requirements of the new project manager all surround the mandate. The PM will be required to “serve as a domain expert on all things crypto for the company,” as well as, partner with Twitter’s product and engineering teams, and come up with “crypto-specific features and products.” The PM will also collaborate with the team working on Blue sky – Twitter’s purely decentralized social media platform that is under development.
The qualifications to fill the role are highlighted as including having experience in product management, for obvious reasons, as well as familiarity with dapps, blockchain interoperability protocols, blockchain scaling protocols, P2P systems, byzantine fault tolerant distributed systems, or web3 primitives (like NFTs and DAOs).
Twitter intends to make creators the center of its crypto plan
Twitter has always been closely associated with blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies. Twitter’s former CEO, Jack Dorsey, championed the integration of Bitcoin tipping over the Lightning Network in the platform’s tip jar feature as well as started the Bluesky project. Having handed over his role as Twitter’s CEO, Dorsey is now even more focused on advancing Bitcoin adoption through his other companies.
Through the year, Twitter has unarguably become ground zero for the cryptocurrency community. This is why it is not surprising that Twitter has revealed that it wants to do more for crypto, with a focus on creators and creator monetization. It has already started this journey with the recent integration of an NFT verification feature that allows users of Twitter Blue, its paid platform, to set their NFTs as profile pictures.
Other social media platforms including Meta’s Facebook and Instagram have similar plans for embracing blockchain technology.
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?