It has been a pretty rough start this year for Bitcoin 2022 as the BTC price corrected more than 10% in the first 12 days of January. On the technical chart, Bitcoin is approaching the death cross pattern that suggests that we might be heading for further pain ahead.
The death cross appears whenever the asset’s price over the last 50 days drops below that of its 200-day moving average. This signals that the momentum is headed downwards. Mati Greenspan, founder of Quantum Economics noted that Bitcoin is approaching a similar death cross pattern later this week. “The chart is pretty clear,” he said.
Bitcoin’s Track Record Around Death Cross
Although the death cross indicator hints at a bearish momentum, Bitcoin’s track record with the death cross remains mixed. Bitcoin managed to overcome the death cross risks during March 2020 and June 2021 and later surged higher to form a golden cross. However, in November 2019, Bitcoin started trading lower a month later following the death cross. Speaking on this matter, Greenspan told Bloomberg:
“Some people say it’s bearish, but for Bitcoin, just about all previous death crosses or golden crosses have proven to be a good buying opportunity, along with any other indicator under the sun for everyone who entered before 2021”.
Juthica Chou, head of OTC options trading at Kraken also added: “The history is really mixed — there’s no surprise given that some of the macro backdrop is affecting price action, but we’ve seen a healthy bounce over the last 24 hours. And I think the fundamentals are still really strong.”
After moving downside the last week, Bitcoin has been showing green shoots over the last two days. Moving away from the death cross, Bitcoin has gained 5% from the $40,000 support levels. Thanks to the strong miner accumulation! As of press time, Bitcoin is trading at $42,698 with a market cap of $806 billion.
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- Bitcoin Miners Resolve to Heavy Accumulation, Here’s Why $40K Is Strong Support for BTC
- Solana (SOL) Network Congestion Issues get worse as Failed Transactions Skyrocket
- 95% of JP Morgan Clients Doubt Bitcoin’s Price can Break $100,000 by the end of 2022
- Dogecoin Enters the Real Estate Segment; Washington’s Gig Harbor Developer Will Take Cryptocurrency
- The Royal Rabbits Club Announces Launch Date with VIP whitelist Already Live
- Cross-Chain Applications Receive A Negative Response From Vitalik Buterin
- Leading Media House Associated Press announces Launching NFT Marketplace, Minting to Happen on Polygon
- Breaking: Polygon Unveils Recursive SNARK Plonky2 That’s 100x Faster, MATIC Jumps 3%
- Bitcoin (BTC) Bounces Back Above $42,000, Will Altcoins Follow Soon?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?
- Polygon Price Analysis: MATIC Price Retesting Weekly and Monthly Support, Here’s Buy the Dip Price Zones
- Binance Coin Price Analysis: BNB Price Loses Another Support; $400 Mark Closing Up
- SHIB Price Analysis: Planning to buy the dip? Check these important SHIB Price Levels
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Finding Bitcoin Bottom? Falling Prices Inside The Wedge Approach $40K