Italian banking giant UniCredit has threatened to close the accounts of customers that are linked to crypto trading. According to the bank, their policies prohibit them from interacting with “counterparties issuing virtual currencies or acting as exchange platforms.”
UniCredit, the only systemically important bank in Italy, has revealed that it is in no way in support of cryptocurrencies. The revelation came after a customer raised concern that the bank had threatened to close his account over wire transfers to two cryptocurrency exchanges, Crypto.com and FTX.
The customer asked if it was stated in the bank’s policy that they could close his account for trading crypto. In response, UniCredit stated:
Hello, the current Group policies prohibit relations with counterparties issuing virtual currencies or acting as exchange platforms.
The stance is not so surprising as the Italian banking sector considers crypto to be an unregulated technology and has issued warnings to crypto investors. However, the Italian government has been making several moves to increase the adoption of the crypto industry in the country.
The new development could be harmful for Bitcoin traders and investors in the country as national bans tend to disrupt market activities, by increasing fear and anxiety amongst key players.
- Crypto Fear and Greed Index Score Hits 5 Month Low, Now Points to ‘Extreme Fear’
- Binance In the Middle of a Massive Cryptocurrency Scam in Pakistan; Crypto Security Is Not Unbreakable
- OpenSea’s daily transaction Volume now sits over $200 million for most of 2022
- Is Binance CEO the world’s richest man alive?
- Now You Can Use Your Tesla To Mine Bitcoin, Here’s How
- Forget Bitcoin on-chain, the U.S. Inflation Data Will Determine the Next Move in BTC
- Bitcoin (BTC) Bounces Back from the Support of $40,000, Here Are Key Levels to Watch
- Forget Bitcoin And Keep These Three Altcoins on Your Radar for January
- Coinbase officials dump millions worth of $COIN shares, $COIN stock price down by 11% Over MoM
- Total Value of ETH in 2.0 Deposit Contract skyrockets to an ATH of 8.9 million ETH
- Binance Coin Price Analysis: BNB Price Loses Another Support; $400 Mark Closing Up
- SHIB Price Analysis: Planning to buy the dip? Check these important SHIB Price Levels
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Finding Bitcoin Bottom? Falling Prices Inside The Wedge Approach $40K
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Drops Below The 50% Retracement Level, Is $2900 Next?
- Top Bitcoin Holding Company Stock Prices Are Down By More Than 15%, Buying Opportunity?
- Hedera Price Analysis: HBAR Coin Bulls Struggles To Surpass The $0.323 Resistance
- Polygon Price Analysis: MATIC Coin Hints Bullish Reversal From The $2 Mark
- Cosmos Price Analysis: ATOM Recovery Rally Challenges The $44.7 All-Time High Resistance
- Bitcoin (BTC) price likely to bottom between $42k-$37.5k, here’s why
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Token Survive Crypto Bloodbath With Its Bear Trap