Etheruem’s Layer 2 scaling solution Polygon has been witnessing heavy on-chain activity over the last week and so. Recently, the NFT play-to-earn game Sunflower Farmers has clogged the Polygon network amid high demand of the network.
The popularity of this NFT game accounts for gas consumption of a staggering 40%. The second account is just consuming 3% gas after it.
In the past two days, Polygon network gas fees have skyrocketed, even surpassing 700 gwei. The main reason is the popularity of an NFT game Sunflower. Its gas consumption accounts for more than 40%, while the second accounts for only about 3%. pic.twitter.com/d9h0wCaa0A
— Wu Blockchain (@WuBlockchain) January 6, 2022
By the end of December 2021, the Sunflower Games has caused the gas fee to increase by a staggering 16x on the Polygon blockchain network. The surge in the gas fee is also causing trouble for certain DApps. For e.g. the NFT rental protocol – Double Protocol – has announced postponing the release of alpha Pass scheduled earlier today.
Due to the congestion and dramatic increase in the gas fee of Polygon Network, we have to delay the release of our Alpha Pass initially scheduled for today.advertisement
We will announce the new timeframe within 24 hours.
Please stay tuned.
— Double Protocol (@DoubleProtocol) January 5, 2022
NFT game Sunflower Farmers incentivizes gamers thereby engaging them in a fierce competition to farm as many token rewards as possible. Gamers receive these SFF token rewards through smart contracts. Thus, players are constantly involved in the tasks of planting and harvesting crops to receive rewards. These earned tokens can be used for purchasing in-game NFTs as well as paying for other benefits.
As a result, players willing to get a greater share of the SFF tokens are leveraging high gas fees thus making sure that their transactions are accepted on Polygon. However, despite the current surge, the Polygon gas fee is still very cheap to Ethereum wherein one transaction costs anywhere between $50-$100.
Will MATIC Continue With Its Price Rally?
While the broader crypto market has been moving sideways, Polygon’s native crypto MATIC has performed really well! Last week, the MATIC price surged to its all-time high of $2.87. however, since then it has been moving sideways and hammered during today’s market crash.
As of press time, Polygon (MATIC) is currently trading at its 50-day SMA average of $2.14. If MATIC manages to reverse the trend from here, we can expect a quick 15% gain in short term.
- Polygon Network Gas Fee Skyrockets Amid Heavy NFT Gaming, Will MATIC Rally Continue?
- Crypto Market Bloodbath: Bitcoin Slumps to Its Three-Month Low, Key Metrics to Watch
- Kazakhstan’s Internet Shutdown Drops Bitcoin Hashrate by 12%, will it impact BTC price?
- Bitcoin Dividend Announcement Spikes BTCS shares by 51%
- New On-chain data reveals Bitcoin is well positioned for a bullish takeoff
- Just-in: UK advertisement watchdog bans two crypto.com ads
- Kazakhstan: Crypto miners at risk amid protests post natural gas price hike
- US Must Modernize with Blockchain & Crypto or Lose the Race to China: CryptoDad
- NFT Rugpull: Bored Bunny NFT project drains out 2000 ETH; Floor price drops to 0.59 ETH
- Could Airbnb start accepting crypto payments this year? It appears so
- ICP Price Analysis: Internet Computer Coin Initiates Recovery Rally
- SHIB Price Analysis: Shiba Inu Token Would Soon Re-established The $0.00003 Crucial Support
- FTM Coin Price Analysis: V-Shaped Recovery Aims To Challenge $3.47 ATH
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Squeezing To Outburst A New Rally
- Solana Price Prediction: SOL Prepares For A 18% Rise To $201
- Binance Coin Price Prediction: BNB Could Make A 26% Upswing To $648
- Convex Finance Price Analysis: Here’s Why $CVX Coin May Be Heading for Another Breakout
- Ravencoin Price Analysis: $RVN Coin Price Soars 21% Completing The Cup And Handle Pattern.
- ONE Price Analysis: Harmony Coin Rally Aims To Knockout Another Higher Resistance
- Tezos Price Analysis: Symmetrical Triangle Pattern Could Lead 20% Growth In XTZ Coin