The crypto market saw its first major liquidation event in 2022 as the majority of the crypto market bled in double digits. Bitcoin fell below $43K support to trade in sub-$42k levels and reached a new 3-month low of $42,761. Ether (ETH) lost $3,500 support and fell to a monthly low of $3,432.
The crypto market bloodbath wiped out nearly $300 billion from the crypto market cap and saw $800 million worth of leveraged positions getting liquidated. Bitcoin saw the largest share of total liquidation with $36.91 million followed by Ether at $20.88 million and Solana (SOL) at $1.88 million.
The market sentiment has turned red with the Fear and Greed Index indicating extreme fear in the market. Social media was also dominated by bearish sentiments as “dip” became the top crypto word for the day. The selling pressure is considerably high but analysts belive it is also the perfect opportunity to buy the dip.
Polarization amongst the trading crowd is upon us, following the latest #dip. And that is what the #1 rising word in #crypto circles is. It also appears the common notion is that it's #buy or #buying time, but with the interest in #sell rising as well. https://t.co/IW5U2BmrNR pic.twitter.com/cVdq8Clf1a
— Santiment (@santimentfeed) January 6, 2022
Bitcoin could retest $41K before a bounce-back
Bitcoin price dip currently coincides with the gold market which has registered record lows in the recent past. With the Omicron variant already showing its impact across nations, BTC is expected to repeat last year’s feat. Even last year BTC started off slowly and showed high correlations with the gold and S&P 500 index, but just within months, Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies broke out to record highs which turned their correlation with the traditional market to negative.
Market analysts belive Bitcoin wouldn’t stay at the current levels for long and could either see a rise to $47k or retest its December lows of $41,762 before making a bounce back.
Expecting a sweep of Monday's highs at $47,609 or a retest of December 4 swing low at $41,762. pic.twitter.com/YM5oqG6I9i
— Akash (@Mangyek0) January 6, 2022
The top cryptocurrency is currently trying to conquer $43k as support as it trades around $43,100 at the time of writing. The veteran traders were not necessarily surprised by a 10% market decline as they consider upto 30% pullback in the bull market as a natural market cycle to move to new highs.
- Can Ethereum lose its Defi dominance? JPMorgan believes so
- Bitcoin (BTC) price falls to sub-42K levels; crypto market sees $800 million in liquidation
- Polygon Network Gas Fee Skyrockets Amid Heavy NFT Gaming, Will MATIC Rally Continue?
- Crypto Market Bloodbath: Bitcoin Slumps to Its Three-Month Low, Key Metrics to Watch
- Kazakhstan’s Internet Shutdown Drops Bitcoin Hashrate by 12%, will it impact BTC price?
- Bitcoin Dividend Announcement Spikes BTCS shares by 51%
- New On-chain data reveals Bitcoin is well positioned for a bullish takeoff
- Just-in: UK advertisement watchdog bans two crypto.com ads
- Kazakhstan: Crypto miners at risk amid protests post natural gas price hike
- US Must Modernize with Blockchain & Crypto or Lose the Race to China: CryptoDad
- ICP Price Analysis: Internet Computer Coin Initiates Recovery Rally
- SHIB Price Analysis: Shiba Inu Token Would Soon Re-established The $0.00003 Crucial Support
- FTM Coin Price Analysis: V-Shaped Recovery Aims To Challenge $3.47 ATH
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Squeezing To Outburst A New Rally
- Solana Price Prediction: SOL Prepares For A 18% Rise To $201
- Binance Coin Price Prediction: BNB Could Make A 26% Upswing To $648
- Convex Finance Price Analysis: Here’s Why $CVX Coin May Be Heading for Another Breakout
- Ravencoin Price Analysis: $RVN Coin Price Soars 21% Completing The Cup And Handle Pattern.
- ONE Price Analysis: Harmony Coin Rally Aims To Knockout Another Higher Resistance
- Tezos Price Analysis: Symmetrical Triangle Pattern Could Lead 20% Growth In XTZ Coin