NFTs have started 2022 with a bang as OpenSea NFT marketplace’s one day trading volume touched all time high (ATH) at $240 million on January 2. Furthermore, according to Chinese journalist, Colin Wu OpenSea’s trading volume for the month of December 2021 surpassed the $3 billion mark. While the consistently hiking trading volumes are unsurprising given the NFT frenzy, yet this time around Wu specified that the credit goes to the top two NFT projects – the Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) and the Mutant Ape Yacht Club (MAYC).
On January 2nd, opensea's trading volume was as high as 240 million U.S. dollars, a record high. The trading volume in December again exceeded US$3 billion. The main reason is the popularity of BAYC & MAYC again.
— Wu Blockchain (@WuBlockchain) January 3, 2022
BAYC & MAYC dominance continues in 2022
The premium NFT collections – BAYC and MAYC are topping the NFT market charts. Especially, the past week, from leaving 2021 to entering 2022 saw both projects outperform with over 40 percent hike in the floor price over the weekend. According to DappRadar, seven-day volumes for MAYC and BAYC stood at $91 million and $84 million, respectively.
This further displayed an increase of 43 percent for MAYC tokens and a whopping 153 percent for BAYC collection. Pushing the frenzied collections, the Hollywood celebrity rapper, Eminem added to the BAYC and MAYC popularity when he bought the Bored Ape #9055 for 123.45 Ether (ETH), which amounted to $452,000.
This is not the first time that mentioned pair of Ape NFTs have showcased a noteworthy performance in the tokenised landscape. According to CoinGape’s reportage during the last week of 2021, it was noted that MAYC collection’s trading volume surpassed 5200 ETH in the duration of just 24 hours, amounting to a 221 percent hike.
Additionally, the Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) along with the Mutant Ape Yacht Club (MAYC), and Bored Ape Kennel Club (BAKC) outmatched other NFT projects in 2021, securing their place in the premium NFT collection market. In the last month of August, all the three collections combined amassed over 170,000 ETH, i.e., $644 million of the trading volume.
The overall NFT adoption in 2021 was in itself remarkable. According to Chainalysis 2021 NFT market report, approximately $26.9 billion worth of NFTs were traded across all NFT marketplaces, ascertaining its rising dominance.
- Breaking: Estonia is not banning cryptocurrencies; finance minister clarifies rumors
- Bitcoin (BTC) hashrate touches new ATH on 13th Birthday of Genesis Day
- El Salvador President expects Bitcoin ($BTC) to touch $100k this year
- South Korea’s Presidential Candidate Lee Jae-Myung Says ‘Yes’ to Crypto Donations
- DeFi market shows signs of recovery on first Monday of New year; $YFI, $UNI, $AAVE among the top performers
- Ethereum (ETH) Showing Strength Over Bitcoin (BTC), Will It Outperform Once Again in 2022?
- Samsung launches first smart TV with NFT browsing and trading option
- ‘Shiba Inu To The Moon’ Trucks Spotted In Several Countries; Will It Start Another Upsurge In Values
- Shiba Inu Unveils First Phase of ‘DOGGY DAO’ to Empower $SHIB Holders
- Ginga Finance– A Community focused and Instant Stablecoin Rewarding Platform
- Curve DAO Price Analysis: New Year Brings New Trading Levels In CRV Token
- Chainlink And Uniswap Price Analysis: Coins Display Bullish Preference Amidst Broader Market Weakness
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Hidden RSI Divergence In BTC Coin Hints Rally To $53000 Mark
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Falling Wedge Pattern Extends The Correction For ETH Coin
- Cosmos Price Analysis: New Year Brings 30% Growth Opportunity In ATOM Coin
- Monero Price Analysis: V-shaped Recovery In XMR Coin – Walks Toward The $320 Mark
- SAND and Mana Price Analysis: Metaverse Tokens Positive Today
- Uniswap Price Analysis: UNI Coin Plans To Release The Trapped Bullish Momentum
- Dogelon Soars Over 7% While Shiba Inu Gains but Technicals Inidcate Loss on Charts
- Price Analysis: CRV Targets A 14% Hike, While Spell Token Flashed A Golden Cross