The start of the new year has brought back bulls for Defi altcoins as some of the top performers on New Year Monday include Uniswap (UNI), AAVE, and Yearn.Finance (YFI) topping the charts with the biggest gains for the day. Santiment data showed that even though a majority of the market remained nearly flat with little to no bullish momentum, Defi altcoins registered a prominent surge up to 13%
The last quarter of 2021 was expected to be bullish after a September sell-off, however, apart from October, both November and December ended in red leading to the crypto market falling to levels seen during the July-August phase. The crypto market reached another new all-time high (ATH) in October as the overall crypto market cap climbed above $3 trillion. However, by the end of 2021 crypto market has lost another 30% of its market from October.
Can the Defi market bring the bulls back?
The Defi market is still one of the most sought-after crypto use cases despite a string of hacks and rug pulls. The total defi market cap is currently hovering above $160 billion and YFI made the biggest leap over the past 24-hours with a 13% surge in price. YFI formed six consecutive green candles on the daily chart indicating a bullish surge even at a time when the rest of the crypto market was consolidating. YFI was trading at $40,881 at the time of writing and looks set to continue its surge further.
YFI was followed by UNI in terms of daily gains and rose nearly 9% over the past 24-hours. The top Dex platform has recently shifted to the Polygon network which has turned out to be a success and many belive its current price surge is fueled by the successful migration to Matic.
The majority of mainstream crypto be it Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and several others are yet to show signs of bull revival, however, the rise of the defi altcoins would surely give some hope for another altseason soon.
- DeFi market shows signs of recovery on first Monday of New year; $YFI, $UNI, $AAVE among the top performers
- Ethereum (ETH) Showing Strength Over Bitcoin (BTC), Will It Outperform Once Again in 2022?
- Samsung launches first smart TV with NFT browsing and trading option
- ‘Shiba Inu To The Moon’ Trucks Spotted In Several Countries; Will It Start Another Upsurge In Values
- Shiba Inu Unveils First Phase of ‘DOGGY DAO’ to Empower $SHIB Holders
- Ginga Finance– A Community focused and Instant Stablecoin Rewarding Platform
- Crypto Review 2021: Here’s the recap of every major event from the past year
- XRP Lawsuit: What lies ahead for XRP in 2022?
- El Salvador President takes a dig at the U.S for sanctions, cites Bitcoin (BTC) benefits
- Breaking: Binance shuts C2C trading in Mainland China, offer services via partner firm
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Hidden RSI Divergence In BTC Coin Hints Rally To $53000 Mark
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Falling Wedge Pattern Extends The Correction For ETH Coin
- Cosmos Price Analysis: New Year Brings 30% Growth Opportunity In ATOM Coin
- Monero Price Analysis: V-shaped Recovery In XMR Coin – Walks Toward The $320 Mark
- SAND and Mana Price Analysis: Metaverse Tokens Positive Today
- Uniswap Price Analysis: UNI Coin Plans To Release The Trapped Bullish Momentum
- Dogelon Soars Over 7% While Shiba Inu Gains but Technicals Inidcate Loss on Charts
- Price Analysis: CRV Targets A 14% Hike, While Spell Token Flashed A Golden Cross
- Swipe Price Analysis: SXP Coin Preparing To Escape The Descending Triangle Pattern
- Aave and Sushiswap Price Analysis: De-Fi Coins On A Rise, Register Over 7% Hike