Chairman of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Gary Gensler has now added a new member to his executive staff. The new addition who is identified as Corey Frayer is appointed as an adviser on crypto-related matters, and policy making.
SEC Appoints Corey Frayer And Some Others
Corey Frayer’s appointment was announced by the SEC on Thursday with claims he’ll be assuming the position of a senior adviser on the agency’s crypto oversight. But Frayer is not exactly new to that kind of appointment. Having worked as a senior policy adviser alongside Reps Maxine Waters and Brad Miller for the House Financial Services Committee, he also served as a member of the Senate Banking Committee.
Meanwhile, Frayer was not the only new addition to Gensler’s executive staff. Jennifer Songer, Jorge Tenreiro, Philipp Havenstein all came alongside and will be working as investment management counsel, enforcement counsel, and operations counsel respectively.
And Gensler himself has since revealed his pleasure with the new appointees, saying that their addition will bring to the team;
“valuable counsel on policy, enforcement and agency operations”.
How The Appointment Could Change Gensler’s Stance On Crypto Policies
By appointing Frayer, Gensler’s longstanding public position on crypto policy could potentially change. Recall that the SEC chair has always expressed concerns about exchange-traded funds ETFs with exposure to cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin (BTC).
Since his April confirmation by the U.S. Senate, Gensler has been urging all crypto projects to register with the SEC. And while there have been concerns raised about regulations having no clarity, Gensler will likely continue to serve as chair of the SEC until 2026.
But with Frayer’s appointment, there may finally be some hope particularly regarding Bitcoin-traded ETFs that seems to have hit a wall for a long time now.
- Breaking: MicroStrategy buys the Bitcoin dip again, adds $94.2 million in BTC
- Turkey seeks to implement the crypto law “as soon as possible”
- Breaking: Binance to acquire outstanding shares of crypto visa card issuer Swipe
- Justin Sun reveals the mystery behind his $600 million ETH deposits
- Bank of Mexico confirms CBDC circulation by 2024
- Bitcoin (BTC) and Ether (ETH) lose critical support, Here’s what could happen next
- RBI warns against “immediate risks” of private cryptocurrencies
- Iran confirms second crypto mining ban of 2021
- Elon Musk thinks this individual could be the potential Bitcoin (BTC) creator Satoshi
- Bitcoin price trades under $48k as $6 billion worth of Options contract nears expiry
- Polkadot And Fantom Price Analysis: Coins Turn Bearish – Trading Levels To Consider
- Near Protocol Price Analysis: NEAR Coin Rally Ready For New Year New Levels
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: ZIL Coin Recovery Rally Hints at 15% Gain
- Rose Price Analysis: Oasis Network Coin Could Re-establish All-time High Resistance Of $0.46
- Price Analysis: Fantom And BitTorrent Post New Gains, Technicals Suggests Otherwise
- IOTA Price Analysis: MIOTA Price Rechallenges The Crucial Resistance Of $1.6
- Shiba Inu And Dogecoin Price Analysis: Coins Display A Death Cross; Next Crucial Price Levels
- Price Analysis: Uniswap Consolidates While Convex Finance Targets $50
- Dusk Network Price Analysis: DUSK Price Hints Another Pullback Opportunity For Crypto Investors
- Price Analysis: IOTA Jumps 7% While Filecoin Struggles To Trade Above $40